The Parambrata Chatterjee and Rajat Kapoor starrer Anushka Sharma`s horror drama ‘Pari’ is the debut movie of Prosit Roy as a director.
During the shoot of the film in Kolkata, a light was electrocuted on the sets. After which the team instructed the lightman to move some lights and while doing so the lightman stepped on a live wire and got electrocuted. on the way to the nearby hospital, he, unfortunately, lost his life. Karnesh Sharma, who is co-owner of Anushka`s production house, said that it was an unfortunate event and helped his family for his last rites.
During the shooting of the ‘Pari’ in August 2017 at Basanti State Highway, 24 Pgs. (S) district of West Bengal, a lightman was electrocuted when he stepped on a live wire. The shooting of the film was immediately stopped for a while.
The Anushka Sharma starrer film has been banned from releasing in Pakistan for allegedly promoting Black Magic, some non-Islamic values, and anti-Muslim sentiments.