1. He started his acting career in 1992 with the role of “Inspector Jamdade” in the Marathi film- Jeeva Sakha.
2. In 2006, he participated in the dance reality show ‘Jhalak Dikhhla Jaa’ Season 1 and became the second runner-up.
3. Aside from acting, he also wrote and directed various popular films like ‘Aai’ (Marathi, 1995), ‘Vaastav: The Reality’ (Bollywood, 1999), ‘Nidaan’ (Bollywood, 2000), ‘Astitva’ (Marathi/Hindi, 2000), etc.
4. In the 2014 Lok Sabha Elections, he was an MNS candidate from Mumbai North West; however, he lost to Gajanan Kirtikar of Shiv Sena.
5. In 2018, he hosted the first season of ‘Bigg Boss Marathi.’
5 FAMOUS QUOTES:
1. What stuff are we Mumbaikars made of - that we can travel by jam-packed locales everyday!
2. The Hindi film industry has taught me that the equation changes here every Friday.
3. I feel I am incapable of making Hindi movies. But I don’t mind acting in them just to earn my bread and butter.
4. I am very happy doing Marathi cinema because here I can do what I want to do, not what the trade forces me to do.
5. Stars are no guarantee for success.
5 MOST POPULAR DIALOGUES:
1. Sher din mein athra ghante soota hai ... lekin jab jaagta hai tab sabko sula deta hai - Himmatwala
2. Saali chalti phirti cocaine hai ... cocaine - Wanted
3. Kaam bhale hi main gande karta hoon ... par saaf sutre rehne ki gandi aadat hai mujhe - Once Upon A Time In Mumbaai Dobara
4. Surya kirano ke bina, khushboo hawa ke bina aur raja pradhaan ke bina adhoora hai - Bajirao Mastani
5. Omar sharifon ki tarah behave karo - Fruit & Nut
In the year 2002, he told the police that he had spoken to the underworld from a hotel in Nashik in the company of actor Sanjay Dutt, filmmakers Sanjay Gupta and Harish Sugandh. However, he later turned hostile in court and denied speaking to anyone.