1. He was brought up in Dharavi (Mumbai’s King’s Circle area)
2. Due to adverse financial condition, he couldn’t study further after 7th Grade and started doing odd jobs like selling pens on the streets of Bombay (now Mumbai) by doing mimicry of Bollywood stars.
3. Once, he mimicked a few senior officers during a function at the Hindustan Lever Ltd company, and from that day on, he was named Johny Lever
4. He became famous after his performance in the 1993 Bollywood film- Baazigar
5. So far, he has acted in more than 350 films
5 FAMOUS QUOTES
1. I never liked double-meaning or dirty humor.
2. I too will never do a film just to show my face!
3. On stage, you are constantly getting the audience-response and that tells whether you are doing it right or not.
4. In my late teens, I learnt mimicry and started doing stage-shows.
5. I feel very good when people recognize me.
5 MOST POPULAR DIALOGUES:
1. Mithai ki dukaan mein mirchi hai ... aai shapat kai tari gochi hai - Housefull 2
2. Pyar mein aur photograph mein koi farak nahi hai ... dono andhere mein develop hote hai - Chori Chori Chupke Chupke
3. Tu insaan nahi farishta hai ... cafe Barista hai - Golmaal 3
4. Yeh aadmi hai ki mutton ki dukaan - Baadshah
5. Jahan kabootar ka naam Masakali ho sakta hai ... zameen pe rehkar ghode ka naam Badal ho sakta hai ... aadmi ka naam Mahela Jayawardene ho sakta hai ... toh inka naam Entertainment kyun nahi ho sakta hai - Entertainment
1.On 8 December 1998, he was sentenced to 7 days of imprisonment for disrespecting the Indian Constitution and the Indian National Anthem on the birthday party of Anis Ibrahim`s son in Dubai. Anis is the brother of Dawood Ibrahim.