1. Jaya is awarded with Padma Shri, India’s fourth highest civilian award.
2. She is the only Bollywood actress who is Gold Medalist from FTII, Pune .
3. She accepted in an Interview that she knew about the affair of her husband Amitabh with Bollywood Actress Rekha.
4. She cried in Parliament while giving speech on Nirbhaya Rape Case (2012).
5. She hates to carry handbags, so all her clothes have two pockets on the sides to hold her essentials like keys, combs etc.
5 FAMOUS QUOTES:
1. Must take steps for protection of women aggressively. You are protecting cows but atrocities being committed on women.
2. I come from a home where my mother was always around. Just her presence gave me a lot of strength.
3. Motherhood means everything to me.
4. My mind works faster than my hands, unlike these two girls` hands.
5. I do not believe in superstars. For me the only superstar has been Dilip Kumar and he will always be.
5 MOST POPULAR DIALOGUES:
1. Jin gharon par Allah meherbaan hota hai ... wahan betiyan paida hoti hai -Fiza
2. Kuch logon ke liye tumhare dil mein itni nafrat bhar gayi hai ... ke pyar ke liye tumhare dil mein zara bhi jagah nahi bachi - Zanjeer
3. Jab geet swayam ke liye gaya jaata hai ... toh sangeet ho jaata hai - Abhimaan
4. Yaadon ke jharokhon mein beeti hui baaton ko ... ukdhi hui saanson mein kuch lamhon ke raazon ko ... pyar ki shabnam mein unsune geeton ko ... sunsaan si rahon mein bhoole hue vaadon ko ... kaise koi yaad kare, kaise koi yaad kare ... khamosh sadaaon mein sapnon bhari raaton ko ... bheege hue mausam mein sarke hue aanchal ko ... moondi hui aankhon mein dhadakte nainon ko ... adh-khule hoton mein pritam ke chumman ko ... kaise koi yaad kare, kaise koi yaad kare - Silsila
5. Tu aaisa khatarnak keeda hai joh aurat ki kismat khata hai ... tumhe maarna toh gunah nahi sawab hoga - Ek Nazar
1.Her controversial remarks on use of English language- "Hum UP ke log hain, isliye Hindi mein baat karenge, Maharashtra ke log maaf kijiye" (she was from Uttar Pradesh and people of Maharashtra should excuse her for speaking in Hindi).