Bhawanipur Education Society College, Kolkata (dropped)
HEIGHT, WEIGHT, AND BODY/FIGURE MEASUREMENTS:
170 cm, 1.70 m, 5` 7"
57 Kg, 125 lbs
Waist Size-26 Inches
Hip Size-34 Inches
Dhoom 2 (2006)-82 crores
Most popularly Paired With
John Abraham, Dino Morea
Raaz (2002)-22 crores
Popular Characters Played by
Sanjana in Raaz
Gili Jewellery, Cadila`s Sugar-Free Gold, Procter and Gamble`s Head & Shoulders and Kinetic-SYM scooter.
SOCIAL LIFE, FAMILY, PETS, AND HUMANITARIAN WORK:
Father- Hirak Basu (Engineer, owns a construction company in Kolkata)
Mother- Mamta Basu (homemaker)
Bidisha Basu (elder) and Vijayeta Basu (younger)
Salman Khan, Shilpa Shetty Kundra
Charity and associations
105/B, Ashiyana Estate, John Baptist Road, Bandra, Mumbai
John Baptist Road, Bandra, Mumbai | Kolkata, West Bengal
Cars and bikes
Audi Q7, Mercedes S-class, Volkswagen Beetle
Favourite food and cuisine
Biryani, teh pashto, Motichoor Laddu
Lemon iced tea
Shahrukh Khan, Brad Pitt
Tu Hi Hai Aashiqui ‘Dishkiyaoon’
Pakistani Atif Aslam
Baby Doll by YSL
Favourite holiday destination
100 Crores (INR)
Per film: 1-2 Crores (INR)
Married (Karan Singh Grover )
Dino Morea, John Abraham, Josh Hartnett
Harman Baweja, Karan Singh Grover
5 INTERESTING UNKNOWN FACTS:
1. She started her modelling career at the age of 17.
2. She was very good at studies, she never thought of taking modelling as her career. Ex-supermodel, Mehr Jessia (now Arjun Rampal’s wife) suggested her to take part in supermodel contest.
3. In 1996, she became the winner of “Godrej Cinthol Supermodel Contest” which gave her chance to go to New York for pursuing her modelling career.
4. Even though she is one of the top models and actresses of Bollywood, she says that she regrets not completing her studies and that she could not pursue her dream of becoming a doctor.
5. She is a big fitness freak, she has also launched her own fitness DVDs.
6. She is not a brand person, she even picks her clothes from roadside stores.
7. She is a very huge fan of Hollywood actor, Brad Pitt.
5 FAMOUS QUOTES:
1. Nothing can save something that is not meant to be, no matter how hard you try.
2. You`re born single, you die single, but why not being in a relationship is some special `single` status, I don`t understand. Life is less stress being single, I have to admit.
3. I want to do entertaining films, where a woman gets the respect of being an actor.
4. My philosophy towards life is to enjoy it to the fullest and have fun. I am one of those `laugh-out-loud` kinds. I am quirky, yet witty.
5. I know I look good. The regular adjectives that come my way - sexy, hot, dusky, bong bombshell I love them.
5 MOST POPULAR DIALOGUES:
1. Kabse is pyasi zameen pe barish ki ek boond tak nahi giri ... par aaj yahan toofan aayega (Raaz)
2. Meri zindagi, meri khushiyan sab mera career hai (Raaz 3)
3. Yeh jism pyar karna nahi jaanta ... yeh jaanta hai sirf bhookh ... jism ki bhookh (Jism)
4. Meri tarah tumhe koi pyar nahi kar sakta ... aur yeh baat main jitni baar bhi kahoon kam hai (Alone)
5. Kuch baatein kuch kho kar hi samajhi jaati hai (Mere Yaar Ki Shaadi Hai)
1.A tape was released in which politician Amar Singh was talking to a girl in explicit manner, her name was Bipasha and moreover her voice was also like Bipasha. But later Amar Singh denied it he said that it was some other girl named Bipasha.
DIET PLAN AND WORKOUT:
Work out type
Cardio exercises and Yoga
green salad, non-vegetarian
Smokes or not
Best Female Debut
Dum Maaro Dum
Best Actress in a Thriller or Action
Style Icon Of the year
Zee Cine Awards:
Dynamic Duo (with Dino Morea)
Durban International Film Festival:
Shob Charitro Kalponik
Best Actress - Critics
International Indian Film Academy Awards:
Best Debut (shared with Arjun Rampal and Gracy Singh)