1. After watching Madhuri Dixit in the film ‘Tezaab’ at the age of 4, he decided to become an actor.
2. In 2004, he won the MTV Roadies (season 2) at the age of 20.
3. In 2007, he became the youngest recipient of Young Achievers Award, for hosting the show Big Chai- Maan Na Maan, Mein Tera Ayushmann
4. You would be surprised to know that during his initial days on TV, he donated his sperms.
5. He loves writing Hindi poems and is an active blogger.
6. Before marriage in 2011, he was in a relationship with his girlfriend Tahira Kashyap who became his wife after.
7. His father is a famous Astrologer and Numerologist.
8. He was rejected at some auditions because of his too thick eyebrows.
5 FAMOUS QUOTES:
I don`t want to change myself with every film. Let me settle for this and then I`ll do a makeover so that it should be a shocker for people.
From musicals to plays, I was part of all things theatrical all through my school life in Chandigarh and this helped me develop a strong love for theatre and acting.
On Casting couch: I have been through that initially when I was part of the industry, I was a TV anchor, so a casting director directly told me that I would have to do it. So, I tied him that If I was not straight, I might have given it a thought, but I can`t do it. So yeah, the casting couch exists, but eventually, it`s your talent or potential as an actor or performer which would last. You don`t need to give in to such stuff.
I`m the middle-class superhero.
Actors are revered more than singers as our films are all about stars lip-syncing and they are voices of the singers.
5 MOST POPULAR DIALOGUES:
Kisi ko tum gusail lagti ho, kisi ko bighdail lagti ho ... tumhari amma mazak mazak mein kehti hai ki raat bhar ghoomti rehti ho toh chudail lagti ho ... kisi ko tumhari baatein atpatti lagti hai, kisi ko behad chatpatti lagti hai ... tumhari kasam humein tumhari har ek baat bahut hi achchi lagti hai (Bareilly Ki Barfi)
Zindagi ek pighalti hui ice cream ki tartah hai ... taste nahi kiya toh waste ho jayegi (Meri Pyaari Bindu)
Zindagi side `A` se side `B` ki tarah ghoomti gaano ki reel ki tarah hi toh hai ... kabhi koi gaana itna pasand hai ki khatam hone se dar lagta hai ... kabhi koi gaana poore din honthon se jaane ka naam nahi leta ... aur kabhi koi gaane ke sirf dhun yaad reh jaati hai (Meri Pyaari Bindu)
Main bhi toh ... kid hi hoon (Vicky Donor)
Sperm se thoda upar aakar dekho ... heart naam ki cheez hoti hai (Vicky Donor)
DIET PLAN AND WORKOUT:
Work out type
Weight training & Yoga
Smokes or not
Bharat Nirman Awards
Indian Television Academy Awards
Best Anchor of Music/Film Based show (Jury)
Cosmopolitan Fun and Fearless Awards
Best TV Anchor
Star Parivaar Awards
GQ India Men of the Year
Emerging Talent of the Year
Boroplus Gold Awards
Rising Film Stars From TV
Bhaskar Bollywood Awards
Most Dramatic Newcomer (Male)
Global Indian Music Awards
Hottest Song (for "Pani Da Rang")
Best Music Debut (as singer)
Best Music Debut (as music composer/lyricist, along with Rochak Kohli)